This modern and durable floor covering is so realistic that even the biggest critics can't tell the difference between LVP and real hardwood or LVT and stone. Even better, it's a fraction of the price. Created with a unique "photoagravure" method, it offers a tactile 3D finish that replicates the grain in wood and texture in stone. We know you'll be impressed when you see it.
Luxury Vinyl Plank and Tile are drastically different than other types of vinyl flooring in how they are manufactured, in total aesthetics, and in their applications. Today's technology has found a way to create look-alike “wood” planks and textured “stone” tiles that have the same visuals, graining, and character of real hardwood and stone.
Despite these advances, and according to other websites, LVT & LVP still haven’t received the full attention they deserve. Commercial designers are big fans of this product, but what they know hasn’t necessarily been shared with flooring consumers at large.
The features and benefits of Luxury Vinyl Plank & Tile separate LVP & LVT from the mix of other vinyl goods.
LVP & LVT FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Incredibly realistic photo replication of natural materials (photogravure process): The look and feel of nature’s best materials at a lower cost are a reality of LVT & LVP manufacturing.
- Satisfies "green" building standards: Brands that offer 100% vinyl material earn LEED points in commercial applications.
- Inherent safety features: Meets requirements of commercial flammability codes, slip resistant requirement, and a menu of other safety codes.
- Ease of maintenance: Simple damp mopping is the recommended cleaning procedure for LVT & LVP floors.
- Excellent selection of sizes and shapes: The size options vary by manufacturer, but many styles are available in 12 x 12”, 18 x 18”, 12 x 24” sizes, and planks in standard (3 x 36” 4.5 x 36) and extra-large widths (7 or 9’ widths).
- Water resistant: LVT & LVP floors are water resistant (and fairly impervious to wet spills from above). It’s important to install over flat, dry, approved substrates so that no water seepage occurs beneath the floor.
- Scratch, stain, dent and scuff resistant: Specialized wear layers (most common are 20 mil). Then the floors are coated with urethane to enhance durability.
- Cost effective: Economics factor favourably into the specification of LVT & LVP for both commercial and residential applications, giving the look and feel of rich, natural materials at a lower cost.
- Exceptional durability: Because LVT & LVP are constructed to withstand commercial wear and tear, they may be slightly over-qualified for residential use, which isn't a bad thing - it means they can handle high-traffic areas with ease. Warranties vary by manufacturer, but it’s not unusual to see 15-25 year warranties on our brand name LVT & LVP products.
- More resilient than other hard surface floors: Because there are multiple layers of vinyl in LVT & LVP, as well as a resilient backing as the foundation, luxury vinyl tiles and planks have better resiliency underfoot. It’s easier to stand on these floors for long periods of time and they tend to be warmer than tile.
- Amazing aesthetics: The design aesthetics of LVT & LVP are of primary importance to manufacturers. Popular and trend-setting designs are available, plus classic distressed wood finishes, stone and slate tactile surface textures, and even woven textiles embedded in the wear layers, are available upon request.
These are the many reasons that Luxury Vinyl Plank & Tile are continuing to gain momentum in the consumer market. As a retailer, we have made room on our showroom floors for these award-winning looks. We hope you'll consider it as a viable flooring option for your home, and that you'll pick up the phone or stop by to speak to one of our flooring advisers. Prepare to be amazed!